Thread: Need help with title.....1956 Willys?

Need help with title.....1956 Willys?

I have attached a picture of the plate on the engine firewall. Can anyone verify what I have.... I believe it is a 1956 cj5. I have a bill of sale but no title exists. Can someone help lead me in the right directions to get a title.
    Does anyone recommend a place or website to buys parts for restoration.......
    Thanks,
    Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rules vary with location but most states will issue a "salvage title". You will have to check with you local DMV or tag office as applies.

As for deciphering what you have, I can't make out the numbers stamped into serial number area of the plate but maybe this link will help: http://www.kaiserwillys.com/willys_jeep_serial_numbers

Thanks for the chart. The serial number is 57548 41173 and this number is on frame so I believe it is a 1956 cj5. Thanks. Now to find parts
    We bought this at an auction. It sat in a field abandoned for 22 years and engine was locked up. After pouring 2cycle engine oil and penetrating oil we got it running fine! Amazing.

Vermont will issue out of state registrations from a bill of sale. What I did in SC was get the Vermont registration and a letter from the Vermont DMV stating that they don't title vehicles over 25 years old and took both to the SC DMV and they were happy to issue a title. Check with yuour state and see what you need.