Thread: DIY seats for MB or GPW

Wink DIY seats for MB or GPW

Anyone here ever tried to make the metal frame work for the front seats for an MB or GPW jeep. Looks like one can take a piece of 3/4in. tubing and a bender and make one. Just wondering if anyone has do this, and if they have any kind of measurements or if someone has an original can they provide any measurements as to how long a piece of tubing I would need, and where the bends start and finish etc. I thought this might be a good challenge.

Are the seats missing? After making a frame you would still need to make the crossbraces for the bottom and the back pan and lower pan. If you have the seats you could use those. Think I would just find some originals or reproductions. . I can get the measurements for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bkalex View Post
    Are the seats missing? After making a frame you would still need to make the crossbraces for the bottom and the back pan and lower pan. If you have the seats you could use those. Think I would just find some originals or reproductions. . I can get the measurements for you.
    Yes the seats are missing, have been looking on Craigslist for some used seats with no luck. I thought I if I had measurements I could us a tubing bender and make the frame for a lower cost that the $160-$200 price tag I see on ebay, and other vendors. If anyone here has or knows of some used seats drop me a message.
    Thanks

Repop seats aren't too cheap. Sometimes you can find originals for a reasonable price. A good place to look for them is the G503 forum. Lots of good information on the ww2 jeeps there.