Page 109 of 252 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Often times a manufacture will start with 10,000 or 100,000 for whatever reason. There is a reason, but I do not know exactly why. Doesn't change that yours was the 7,249 A1 made.

in this photo (i tried to make some circles to identify but was unable) there are some holes that i just dont remember anything there one right next to where gas pedal goes and another above it elongated about 4" X 8" got the dimmer switch, gas pedal, and starter figured out but those two holes

floor1.jpg

The elongated hole is for the steering column. Then the one next to the gas pedal is for the brake pedal stem. Then left of the elongated hole is for the clutch pedal stem. The circle below is for the master cylinder access cover.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-11-2018 at 12:00 PM.

damn, and all that time i just plain forgot about the damn steering column, is there a boot? looks like i will need a inspection cover for master cyl

It looks like your cover was trimmed a bit above where the steering column goes through. Look at the picture in your gallery of the floor section I had salvaged. You can see the floor cover fills the elongated hole. A rubber piece bolts in to seal off the steering column.

two of these not mine but off the internet and i saved them, i see what you mean CLEVER TIME AGAIN guess will need to fabricate somethingout of scrap, lord knows go lots of that, that i keep..........

floor section.jpgFLOOR SECTIONII.jpgfloor.jpg

The last photo looked familiar. My Monte Carlo I had at the time is in the background. It won't take much to get the upper panel back in shape. I know I kept enough odds and ends scrap to build floors for the M151A2 after the A1 was complete. It doesn't hurt to have a stash. The old steel welds much better than new, in my opinion.

welding update!!!..The same guy that has done all of my sandblasting is also a accomplished welder, he did some welds on the frame that were gorgeous. This weekend he is coming over to see what i am up against, and if anyone withing fifty miles (at least people i know and trust) can do it he is the one.

on a different note. Battery box compartment is done...rebuilt both trays, strengthened support for batteries and obtained two (close to original 12vdc batteries. Now i know the purist out there will say those are not original to the vehicle, to you i say I Agree however New authentic batteries can be obtained at horrendous prices plus shipping, No, Not going to happen these two are good batteries good cranking amp and the generating system keeps em fully charged... got some cosmetic work to do to fill the old holes from the other cover but wth just add to the list

at the same time i rebuilt the gas pedal,,, Kaiser wanted 7.00 us dollars for a little piece of folded steel, i went thru trash pile found a piece of 16 guage and bent it, cleaned it, a piece of 5/16 drilled two holes in it for cotter pins and presto rebuilt gas pedal..
    In the photo of the firewall upper right corner there is a (approx) 4X4 hole with 4 machine screw holes, damificanremeber what goes there....

battery compartment.jpg primer1.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 12-14-2018 at 08:30 PM.

The 4x4 hole in the firewall is for the electrical junction. There is a square cover with a relief cut for the harness to go through. The main harness goes through a smaller hole close to the driver's side outer edge.

Good deal on getting things welded up. You'll be excited to get things in place for a final time. Keep the pictures rolling in.

found the piece that goes in the 4X4 hole, will need a new grommet though, but have a hardware store that has a drawer full of grommets of diff sizes
    now the next photo is of four pieces from left to right that again if forgot where they go,,, took this body apart 2 yrs ago and again damnifiremember!
    and added some rubber inner tube material under the batteries for insurance on slipping..

partsID1.jpg

edit time,,, finished the glove box repair, bottom just rusted way way to gone, so cut it our and replaced the entire bottom of glove box with 16 gauge steel from lowes.. used #10/24's with lock washers, and ground the excess iff think i need to go to Walmart and get a white board and hang it up in garage and list "things to do" and when done check them out, that way the whole thing might, just might not be overwhelming, but i do like the battery box, and added the floor to it, couple of small rust spots, but since there is no weight on it and it is just an enclosure, WTH just painted over them and to see it got to take two batteries out or get on your back and look up
    Last edited by pelago; 12-15-2018 at 07:10 PM.