Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Threaded View

admit I had some concerns when he started sandblasting, previous to that the same fellow did some welding, he welded on the new shock absorber mounts, I asked him if the welder that was sold at harbor freighe was any good, and he looked at me and said "DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM IT IS ALL CHINESE JUNK" forewarned i guess. his welder can be had for 1000.00 bucks and comes complete with bottle for wire, he showed me how to use it and damn if i did a half decent job, he said a little practice and you will have it. think next thing is to get it to roll on wheels, springs shocks and sand blasted painted differentials front and rear. a lot to be said about different primers and such. I lived on a sailboat and the engine mounts and brackets were steel, i used rustoleum rusty metal primer and it held for over ten years in harsh environment, saltwater, bilge water and did not fail once. i used gloss white rustoleum on some of the ineteior and it also did not fail. guess you go with what you know. that is the primer on the frame
    Last edited by pelago; 07-08-2017 at 10:37 AM.