UNANTICIPATED ISSUE CAME UP.... I am planning on staying with 24VDC I have two 24VDC starters, 2 24VDC regulators, but only one 24VDC generator. Here is the rub, I can remember polarizing voltage regulators, but damn if i can remember how we did it?? I would like to check out starters, I know that all that is needed is to hold them down and kick them with 24VDC and they will either just sit there or fire up. the generator is a different story, have watched battery/gen/alt and starter repair shops just put them in a jig with large electric motor with a fan belt and turn motor on and read the output. Here in Jacksonville NC there is a fine rebuild shop and i have used them for repairing and ordering pieces and parts for my cruising sailboat. However he does not want to touch either starter, reg, generator??? says he does not have nor can get parts. I told him that i was not having him repair them i just want them OP checked, he just does not want to do it. have called every shop within 100 miles (that i could find) no one want to do it???