MY NEW PRAYER. "LORD PLEASE HELP ME TO NOT LOSE MY TEMPER WHEN DEALING WITH NC DMV LAW ENFORCEMENT INSPECTORS". Wanting to be completely accurate and truthful to obtain a clear title and get tags to drive this thing, i started with DMV, in 2017 they told me that they had to inspect it to find the VIN, I explained to the officer that in this case this is a military jeep and there is no VIN, his argument was 'IT HAS TO BE ON THE FRAME" I stripped the vehicle down to bare frame and called them back, told him that i had the frame sand blasted and is ready to be inspected. Told them i was putting primer on it to prevent rust, he said he wanted to see it in a few days un painted. I said to self "nuts to that, tons and tons of work to get to bare frame, $100.00 US Dollars to sand blast and i am going to sit there and watch it turn orange due to high humidity, I DONT THINK SO" t I Put a coat of primer on it. Three days later he showed up and started looking for a VIN, told him he was not going to see a VIN. I showed him page from maintenance manual identifying location of SERIAL NUMBER FOR VEHICLE. Was then told to call them back when again ready to have them look at it for safety purposes. I BUILD A JEEP Went to DMV, and they by the way are only open 2 hours a day, got there and was given forms and told to fill them out and get a surety bond after i get two appraisals from dealers. I pulled some favors and got it "APPRAISED BY TWO DEALERS". I then started surety bond procedures and that is fun also. long story short after 225.00 i get a bond. Yesterday I am at the DMV Inspection office, with all my forms and the bond and detailed photo essay, the man i needed to see "taking day off", but he will call you tomorrow. Not having any faith in the "don't call us, we will call you deal" I called, and lo and behold got to talk to the actual officer that came out, He said "do you have the title?" I of course said "NO, that is what i am trying to do now" He then says "well we authorized you to get a inoperative title in 2017" NEWS TO ME!!! told him simply i had not received any thing from anyone about this. He then says he will swing by and take a look, i asked time frame and he said 3ish, told him i would be there from 2pm til 4pm with vehicle ready to look at. Forgot one thing, yesterday another officer copied all my documents and implied that the surety bond is not correct, under type it said "MP" or multi purpose, which is right out of the NCDMV authorized descriptions, and that was determined by a call (by the bond people) to NCDMV, he said probably will have to get a rider changing that word??? Thinking WTF, change it to what?? have not changed or obtained a rider..............
waiting patiently til this afternoon