Page 14 of 252 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

still sore from moving the rear end .. but now hanging parts, rear end assembled, not all tight but hanging thererear end 2.jpgrear end1.jpg

Another Harbor Freight item, (I don't work for them, just I tend to be cheap) are the furniture casters. Doing differential work, they make life a whole lot easier. I have all sorts of different cast or cart set ups to move my crap around. My wagon is set upon a cart that started off as a man lift base. The body is easily moved around, but is stable enough to perform body work upon. I work alone, so I have to figure out how to do all this by myself. Doing all this work on our seasoned iron is only worth it if you are able to enjoy it when it's finished.

M151A2 002.jpgM151A2 001.jpg

Surplus stores are an excellent source of parts and information. The guys that have been in business for years, have seen and heard of where all the good stuff is hiding. You did well on your purchase. I'm going to look into some of my notes to see if I have anything on your vent line conundrum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 10-10-2017 at 09:34 AM.

built one to push engine around, probably need one for the tub

Here is a descent diagram on the routing of the vent lines on an A1. The link to the forum is as follows; http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...wtopic&p=52169
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the same site (Willys Military Jeeps), there is a gentleman that is selling vent lines. He has them by part number, from the SNL G758 manual.

http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modul...ewtopic&t=4806

GOT IT AND THANKS!!!! Now am trying to also figure out the clutch assembly, took the bell housing off and did find one issue. one of the bolts holding pressure plate on was missing and the reason missing is damn thing broken off in flywheel. Oh Joy another broken bolt to spend several hours doing. Now i have seen the pictorial diagram and it is helping with the linkage however am cloudy on the throw out bearing.. any good photos out there of this. there is a fork and i have two of them used in the control cable, but what does the fork pivot on? BTW the clutch i looked at is in great shape, really do not think i need a new one, same with pressure plate. springs are monster stiff

ALWAYS SOMETHING
    felt that things were going okay, got a ton done, and then wanted to pull last drum, the other three came off without too much trouble, NOW THIS SOB WONT BUDGE, STARTED AT 10 AM AT 6PM STILL BEATING ON IT,,, IT DOES MOVE JUST WONT SLIDE OFFfrozen brake drum2.jpg

Do you have the adjusters for the brake linings/shoes turned to pull the shoes off the drum? I have had shoes/linings hang up on a little groove at the edge of the drum, especially if the drum needed to be turned.

i believe that they are loose, but damn thing is loose but just will not come off The other three drums hardly showed any wear at all... next step C4

Kaiser Willys sells a hub puller that is worth its weight in gold. I have used one on several sets of axles, and have not had one that would not come apart. Some were so rusted together, that a rose bud torch head was needed to warm things up enough for the hub puller to work effectively.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...86-jeep-willys