Page 120 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

like Guns and model railroad gotcountrystore3.jpg them too, my railroad got so big i built a building to keep it in and make it larger and it is a work in progress

Nothing beats a good war horse story. I agree, you should present your book for us to read. I know I would enjoy it. I finished a good book recently. The Silence of War by Terry McGowan. It was written by a former Marine who had gone on to retire from the FBI. During the early days of the second gulf war, the state department was looking to inbed people who had law enforcement background, to train our soldiers on how to determine who was friend and foe. Long story short, he tells the story of a 65 year old guy who is thrown back into combat, and how things have changed, but have also stayed the same.
    Also a good read is Pappy Boyington's book Baa Baa Black Sheep. Then there is another book about the true story of Greg Pappy Boyington. Then I can't forget Carlos Hathcock's book.
    We could add LarrBeard to the conversation, and we will have all the stories we could ever want.

I was on a dismount point where there was access thru the wire at a facility near marble mountain, and my colonel said to me "Cpl Jones no dinks come thru this wire for any reason NONE! YOU GOT THAT" my only reply was "aye aye sir" couple of days later two m8's came up both had 4 dinks full of brass and silver crap all over their uniforms and they wanted in, i was behind the fifty just watching and the sgt on the post said "dong laI" "NO" well the first jeep driver put his into gear and started forward.. sez to myself
    not a chance bub.. put about ten rounds into the front end of the jeep,, there were jeep pieces going everywhere, and the dinks jumped out and hit the dirt....

My captain came roaring up and started giving me 10different kinds of hell "WHAT THE FUXK ARE YOU DOING THESE ARE GUESTS OF THE COLONEL FOR LUNCH" AND THE VIETNAMESE WERE JABBERING AWAY AND SCREAMING AND THE CAPTAIN SAID I AM GOING TO COURTMARTIAL YOUR ***.. Didnt say a word (good move on my part) well court martial did not happen and the capt had to apologize because he was not aware of what the colonel had said, and my sgt major thought it was funnier 'n hell

Points of View

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    my colonel said ...

My captain came roaring up and ...

sgt major thought it was funnier 'n hell ...
    Colonels (aka Navy Captains/O-6) generally are pretty mellow have a good idea of what needs to be done. USMC/Army Captains/Navy Lieutenants (O-3) take themselves way too seriously - no body else does.

Sgt Majors (E-9)have seen most everything and understand much more than normal people.

Sgt Majors (E-9)have seen most everything and understand much more than normal people. maybe as far as relations, maybe but i always thought of them as large lumps sometimes benign sometimes not, lot of time they got in the way

Now that I have the computer back up and running, here are some pictures for subjects covered over the last couple of weeks;

The first photo is of the transmission shift boot. The boot sticks up through the transmission cover, but stays attached to the transmission.

The second and third is of lifting the complete body from the frame for using the spare frame as a jig.

The fourth and fifth picture is of the passenger side lower rocker repair panel being welded in, then after the skim coating was applied.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    now that i have the computer back up and running, here are some pictures for subjects covered over the last couple of weeks;

the first photo is of the transmission shift boot. The boot sticks up through the transmission cover, but stays attached to the transmission.

The second and third is of lifting the complete body from the frame for using the spare frame as a jig.

The fourth and fifth picture is of the passenger side lower rocker repair panel being welded in, then after the skim coating was applied.

i hate you still got months to go to even have one whole body

Looking around, there was a hit on a fuel tank for under $400.00. I have purchased parts from this out fit before, and have not had any problems. They charge for shipping, but it is still under any other's price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Willys-JEEP...NjwQ:rk:1:pf:0

Don't worry about me. If it takes a year to gather everything together for the body, it's no big deal. I'm not going anywhere, and will stand by my offer to help out. No problem. I've been gathering steel for my wagon project. KW sells the front floor boards, but the steel ends at the storage compartments. The factory piece goes another foot underneath. I purchased a 4X10' sheet of 18 gauge steel, and can make my own floor boards, but need to purchase a bead roller to match the pressed ribs of the original. It's always something holding up the progress.

with all the interruptions and such am surprised that the new floor section is in and welded in, floor braces in and welded. Drs, apt, rain, dental, audiology (hearing aids) am like i said surprised that it is in. rain tonight so down off jack stands and back on dolly and back into garage, dont want bright metal to turn orange... i keep a small space heater going overnight and since garage is finished with insulation, it keeps moisture and dew issues outside where they belong. in fact 28 degree outside and with doot shut the garage is sweatshirt warm

looking at the pictures makes me wonder if maybe i should put fenders on?? actually had not planned on doing tht but???

Good deal on getting everything going. What did the doctor have to say about your ribs, and teeth? Having the floor in place, everything else should fall into place

When I did the body work on the body, I didn't have the fenders, hood, or grill. It would be nice to have the fenders to ensure all the mounts at the front of the tub are square. The fenders do have a fair amount adjustability. The one that is shown in the pictures is the third spare A1 that was purchased for the project. By the time it was brought to me, I didn't need anything else, but did decide to use the frame for the jig for checking the body repair. That was a good solid heep. I don't know where it ended up when the project was done with. It was loaded up with the remaining pieces. Too bad, it would have been an easy fix.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-12-2019 at 10:25 PM.