Page 38 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

DON'T DO THIS........
    I started to do some preliminary body work, to see if i could weld some. was working on a repair spot on tailgate, felt that if i could repair it might save some dollars. I LET THE DAMN CUTTER (4" CIRCULAR HAND HELD CUTTER) get away from me and nailed my left hand but good..... off to navy hosp and they told me i hit the bone and might have to cast it, but it took a bunch of stitches to close it up, was pretty damn deep....... dont be adumbass like i was
    dont do this.jpg

I strongly recommend these gloves for doing any metal fabrication. They are thin enough that you can pick up a washer off the bench, but tough enough for welding. Money well spent in my opinion.
    http://www.mechanix.com/fabricator-w...iABEgKCf_D_BwE

Hope you are doing alright today. A gouge like that stings a bit.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-20-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Now ya tell me....................... gonna order a pair, and yeah it throbs, they wanted to cast it but i asked what the criteria for sawed bone is, the said i cut 10% into bone and i said wth, ten percenters get you all the time, but not this one. no cast just stitches. And the work continues (well in a couple of days anyway)

Awhhhh Mannnn ...

Find something easy to do for a while and let it close up before you stress it. Another place for arthritis to sprout.

You know, we old guys can always be an example to the newer guys - even if the example is don't do what we did.

Get well and then get back with it. Hope it heals well.

de WB9UFS ETCS SENDS

hey, was looking at some photos here on this site and saw this, arent those M151 rims?? this talked about earlier and it was said that these rims dont match the original rims as far as depth of rim goes??

m38a1 with snorkel.jpg

Before I went to work on machinery, I was given good advice that I keep with me to this day. When starting out working in a shop, find the oldest guy with the most fingers. That's who you want to learn from. $35 dollars may seem a lot for a pair of gloves, but it is worth every penny. Also they sell a line of impact gloves, made especially for doing a lot of work where vibration is a factor. These gloves have gel in the palms and pads of the fingers. I have had a lot of trouble with carpel tunnel from the times I worked in a shop. These gloves don't cure anything, but do they help immensely. My tip for the day, too late. Rest well friend, keep us advised if you need anything.

The M151 rims have a different off set. The independent suspension of the 151's has a wider track width, so they compensated by moving the wheel center to the outside of the rim. When putting the 151 rims on the M38A1, you found out that the center diameter was smaller because of the lack of a hub sticking through the 151 wheel. It is simple enough to grind out the center, but then the tires are inset way too close to the inner rear wheel opening. That reduces the track width on the M38A1 by approximately 6 inches total. All this would be alright for a mall cruiser, but if you ever had to take any evasive maneuvering, the M38 would not be as stable as it should be. The first picture is of the correct M38-38A1 wheels installed. The second is of the mock up frame with the M151 wheel on the right rear. The wheel doesn't fill the wheel well like the third picture of the correct wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-20-2018 at 02:31 PM.

[QUOTE=LarrBeard;4456]Awhhhh Mannnn ...

Find something easy to do for a while and let it close up before you stress it. Another place for arthritis to sprout.

You know, we old guys can always be an example to the newer guys - even if the example is don't do what we did.

Get well and then get back with it. Hope it heals well.

de WB9UFS ETCS SENDS[/QUOTE
    ar sk

100_0589.jpg my back yard mosey five element beam on 85 ft tower being worked on, everyone showws antenna in the air but this shows the fold over feature
    Last edited by pelago; 02-20-2018 at 04:02 PM.

The fold over feature makes life a whole lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post

100_0589.jpg my back yard mosey five element beam on 85 ft tower being worked on, everyone showws antenna in the air but this shows the fold over feature
    Unmarked?? Extremely dangerous for pilots working at low altitude.

no, 100 ft or higher needs light thats both federal and county regs, and at 85' he would be in the trees anyway