Thread: What Jeep is this?

What Jeep is this?

Hi jeep guys, can anyone help me identify this jeep below? The tub, windshield, grill, etc. look like an MB, but the 3-on-the-tree and dashboard layout look more like a CJ2A to me. I'm certainly no expert, so any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should add it's registered as a 46 CJ2A, but not sure how reliable that is.

willsJeep_1.jpg
    willysJeep_3.jpg
    engine.jpg
    enginge2.jpg
    willysJeep_2.jpg
    Last edited by CzechSix; 11-25-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Did you look up the vehicle I.D. on the firewall plate yet? The early '46's had a chain drive timing gear, later models used a gear drive timing gear. I notice that the gas tank does not have the outside fill on the driver's side.... this would probably indicate an earlier CJ2A (46?). Also, there are no indentations on the tub side for the external shovel. Can't tell from the photo, but does this have a tailgate?

Thanks - haven't had a chance to check out the firewall plate, but I think you are right it's an early CJ2 with a bunch of MB parts. It actually does appear to have tool indents, but they are an odd shape - could be a homebrew job, I'd have to take the shovel off to look closely. There is no tailgate, but I think it may have been welded shut and bondoed over.

hello, i agree. no glove box, semi-float rear axle, cj2a windshield, the rear floor pan, mmm! somebody spend a lot of time and money making these Cj looks like MB, and make a really good job.