Thread: Wheels for my Willy

Wheels for my Willy

I am having trouble finding after market wheels/rims. I've heard that it's the same bolt pattern as some ford trucks but not sure. I've a 49 keep with 5 bolt pattern and oversized center. Thanks for any help as I'm a new Willys owner.

I am having the same problem. Mine are rusted to the point of not being able to hold air no matter how much sealant is applied to the bead. The wheels Kaiser Willys stock don't fit over the disc brake conversion. Current wheels are steel with white spokes but there is no information stamped on them. They could be measured but I was also wanting to downsize the tires a bit. I feel 31-10.5 are a bit much for a stock engine and drivetrain. Most online shopping outlets don't show vehicles that old and searching by size has me guessing about backspacing and offset numbers. What are people using?

Ford and Dodge 4x4 trucks will fit. Anything with a 5 x 5.5" bolt pattern. The center has to be the large center for the 4x4 front hub.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-14-2018 at 02:15 PM.

The bolt pattern is 5-5.5 and does indeed match early Ford and Dodge, if you can find a seller’s website that references vehicles that old (I haven’t). Center bore is 4.25. Stock backspacing is 3.625. Offset is a more common reference than backspacing these days and few, if any, websites list center bore in the specs. Just because it may bolt on doesn’t make it a good fit, hence the concern about finding a proper fitting wheel and why I am asking what people are using. I am trying to avoid ordering $400-$500 worth of wheels to experiment with.

Well I gambled but still don't know anything. Wheels were suppose to be in yesterday but instead I got a message saying the order hasn't shipped because they only had two and they have put in a request for the manufacturer to make more. They didn't have an estimated timeline for me. The inventory showed 5 when I placed the order and only reason I ordered through them because it was the only place I found I could get four matching rims. I never thought it would be so hard to get 4 cheap steal wheels that match.

Life is complic ated when you're trying to put an old Jeep back together - or just keep it running.
    But - if it was easy look at how many people would be driving Jeeps!

Not many people driving old Jeeps because people have gotten soft and they want to go faster than the speed limit. Heck, it is getting hard just to find someone who wants to manually shift gears. Even ATVs don’t come with a need to shift anymore.