Thread: What Color?

What Color?

I have been wanting to put the finishing touches on my CJ3A. But I am not sure what colors are correct or perhaps look good. I need a little help please.

What color should I paint the "willys" name that is stamped into the tailgate and the hood? The wheels are white so logically I assume I should do the "willys" white. It just seems too bright for the Luzon Red. I could re-color the wheels and do the "willys" stamps and wheels Khaki?!?

Black seems too dark but perhaps not?!?

Note: I have a Khaki top for the Jeep.

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

InkedIMG_2974_LI.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

A cream color or khaki would look great. I agree that the white would take your eye away from the Luzon red. A red accent or pinstripe on the wheels, (like some factory originals had) would look good also. Just a thought.

http://www.kurtisfranklin.com/blog/w.../DSCN23931.jpg

Very pretty little Jeep!

You shouldn't ask guys about colors! We're lucky to get two socks the same color most days.

It took us a while (and a consultation with the wives) to decide all of the colors on the '48 Truck, but in the end the ladies decided the original color was Tunisian Red.
    Attached Images Attached Images

P_20171223_130437_vHDR_On.jpg
    Can anyone help me identify this color. Is a CJ3B 1964.
    I believe is President Red. What do you think?
    Last edited by PunkgambitPR; 01-03-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkgambitPR View Post
    P_20171223_130437_vHDR_On.jpg
    Can anyone help me identify this color. Is a CJ3B 1964.
    I believe is President Red. What do you think?
    Any chance the paint and trim codes are still on the firewall? It should be just under the serial number tag.
    I would say "President Red" or "Indian Ceramic" It's tough to judge from an internet image.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Jeeper View Post
    Any chance the paint and trim codes are still on the firewall? It should be just under the serial number tag.
    I would say "President Red" or "Indian Ceramic" It's tough to judge from an internet image.
    The Tag is missing. When my father bought the jeep it was already painted blue. And it have been sitting in the barn for more than 10 years. Since the tub need to be replace i was thinking on going Indian Ceramic.