Thread: Hi, New member herre

Hi, New member herre

Hi, Happy to be here.

This is my Jeep, that was my fathers. It has been out in the back with some old equipment just sitting there. Dad use to use it for irrigating, and I learned to drive a manual transmisson in it.

According to the title it says it is a 1946, but from this website it looks to be a 1945?

Most of the Jeep is in tack and the engine is free.

Dad said he parked it because it was getting a bunch of junk from the fuel tank, plugging the carb.

The on the frame is not there as it looks like the frame the was cut up for the toe hitch.

The other thing is the bumpers are chromed?

We justed high pressure washed it good and now I am going to take it to the shop today.

Not going to start working on it until I get a book on what to do or some advise from you guys.

Thanks again

Ivan IMG_20171116_143825.jpgIMG_20171116_143838.jpgIMG_20171116_143849.jpgIMG_20171116_143919.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice! Glad to have you! It is a pre 46 Jeep. It would be fun to find the serial number, and find out what year it actually is. A good site to go to find out the location of the stamped serial numbers for the Willys MB would be g503. I know just enough to be dangerous on the MB or Ford GP Jeeps. Ask any questions you like, and one of us will chime in.

Thank you!!

I do have the vin # it is MB 442192. the engine # is MB 440471.

One thing that I was wondering about is the chrome bumpers. Did they come with these or was this added latter?

There is was no visible numbers on the hood, so I guess I will have to figure something out there.

Thanks

Chrome bumpers were definitely a extra added feature, maybe a dealer option but more likely added much later. If you are speaking of hood numbers - like military numbers, they were often unit or organization numbers.

I was wondering how it could have chromed bumpers. Well that makes sense.

I was curious about finding any type of military numbers. I think at some point this MB may have been sanded to the metal. The tub has a thin to thick layer of plastic over it. I dont think I will have much chance of finding any numbers.

Is there a book or something that I can get to help me do the restoration?

Thanks again

The bumpers are from an aftermarket dealer. They remind me of the J.C. Whitney catalogue specials. Being that you have an MB, a good resource for Willys restorations is the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association). They publish two magazines with helpful hints, and how to articles. Military Vehicles magazine is another very good source for information. I believe that they do a good job on presenting pertinent information for the restorer.
    http://subscriptions.militaryvehicle...icles/Magazine
    http://www.mvpa.org/
    http://g503.com/forums/
    Last edited by gmwillys; 11-21-2017 at 07:51 AM.

Thank you. I will get a subscription. I need all the help I can get. I really want to do a good job.

Thanks again

Just remember to keep us current in your progress.

I will take pictures of everything I do. I will post up for you guys to see, to make sure I doing it right .

Thanks

We won't criticize. Each person has their own opinions of what is right or wrong. I spent all day today making one saw horse, for my wagon body. It is overbuilt, and would hold up a tank, but that was the way I wanted it done. Now I have to get more lumber and make the second one.

Post away, we look forward to seeing your project take off.