Thread: Hub identification?

Hybrid View

Hub identification?

Can anyone tell me what I have so I can try to source some parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dualmatic is the name of the locking hub. You see them from time to time on EBay for sale. I have not seen any parts break down in some time. David Eilers over at ewillys.com has been following the different after market locking hubs for a while. He might have some insight on to where parts may be hiding.

http://www.ewillys.com/?s=hub

Dualmatic is the brand name. David Eilers over at ewillys.com may have some insight on to where you might find some parts/complete hubs to fix you up. He has been investigating all the after market hubs that have been available through history. He is a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

Dualmatic is the brand name. David Eilers over at ewillys.com may have some insight on to where you might find some parts/complete hubs to fix you up. He has been investigating all the after market hubs that have been available through history. He is a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

i have a bastardized m38a1 and it has them on front and i believe it is a locking mechanism to engage wheels.... not sure whart it really is called and i have not removed mine

It’s a manual hub lock. I figured out how to work it a few years ago. I learned today it’s a Dualmatic. One of the shifter arms was broken off in the locked position when I bought it. I was only using the jeep around the yard so it didn’t matter to me but now I am looking to make it road worthy. A quick search didn’t reveal any sources for parts but I think making a shifter arm for it wouldn’t be too hard to do if that is the only thing wrong.

If you want to talk “bastardized”, this thing is a beauty. CJ3 frame and windshield, CJ2 body, M38 hood and big bucket seats from a van(?) mounted on CJ2 seat frames with the backs cut off. Current seat cushion sits about even with the dash. Big square tube roll bar mounted to the fenders without any frame support so the fenders are broken out. Disc brake conversion on the front with rear brakes disconnected from the stock master cylinder. I have some work ahead of me
    Last edited by 51 CJ3; 01-12-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Reilly's web sight has a page that has almost anything you would ever want to know about locking hubs. Good information to know,plus identification pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Reilly's web sight has a page that has almost anything you would ever want to know about locking hubs. Good information to know,plus identification pictures.
    Can you post a link? I found some good info on an Autozone website and more in a CJ2A forum just by typing “dualmatic hub” in a search engine. Talk on the CJ2A forum was that some routine maintenance parts are available again.