Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: New guy here

Thanks for the help/tips guys. I did purchase a 12 fuse, fuse panel to get me started, now I'm just pulling old wires out and figuring out how and where to route them. So far good.

To help matters, label the old wires, and note their routing. As was said before, lay out the new and old harness on a piece of plywood wood, then plan your execution. You'll do fine. Invest in good connectors, and quality crimpers. I use 3M heat shrink connectors. You past more for them, but when l worked on salt trucks, they worked well sealing out the environment. Do not use a lighter or torch to shrink the tubing. A heat gun, or a high heat hair dryer works the best.... The wife's dryer should do the trick.

So far so good guys, seem to have most everything I need. I have headlights, marker lights, blinkers, wipers, fuel pump, all guages and lights. Just need to decide what to get for rear lights, blower motor, horn.

Hey guys, long time since I've posted anything. Haven't done much of anything to the ole DJ lately. I did however get it started up today!!!! It runs, drives, stops!!!! Sounds good too. It has given me a little more motivation to continue with the project. Now just for the time to do it.

Good deal. Thank you for the update. I know what you mean, I walk by the wagon daily, but haven't picked up a tool on it since the week of the fourth. Soon I will have to make some time. Shut off the phone, close the garage door, and go after it.

That's for sure, seems like you just have to make the time. If I could only count the number of times I walked by it and said I needed to work on it.