Thread: 1971 CJ5 new to me

1971 CJ5 new to me

New here...looking forward to working on the CJ5 pictured here. It came from Arizona and a year here in NC...where I found it for sale and got it. All original Paint and no rust. Original engine (Buick). Cheers to grease, skinned knuckles and having to drive at attention. And until I get the steering tightened up, no waving to other Jeepers while I'm going 55.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good looking 5. You never see the driver of an older Jeep playing on their phone, when they have to keep up with where the wheel wants them to go. We usually settle for the head nod.

Or the two finger "Howdy".

Short update...heads off due to a couple of burnt valves... the good news is the bottom seems fine. Hopefully back from the head shop in a few weeks. Then I’ll get to work on patching a few holes on the back in preparation for painting.

Good deal. She will be ready for warm weather!

Heads finally back after a lot trial and errors. But, all hardened new valve seats and new lifters she is back strong. Leak down checked and has all cylinders coming in at 140-145psi. Still have the disc conversion left to do. Original paint still has some shine 2BF17912-80EC-4ADA-AA6E-B5711DB85D40.jpg

Good deal. The hardened seats were a good investment. It's getting hard to find lead additive.

After the heads were fixed, there was a persistent miss that it had and took all of five weeks to find it. But the hard to find issues was resolved on this site! Thanks again to all who submit issues so the rest can benifit.

Anytime. We are here to help. Glad you are up and running!