Thread: FC-150 brake fluid

FC-150 brake fluid

How do you add brake fluid to the FC-150. The master cylinder is under the dash board. The only way to get to the master cylinder is take the dash board out.

From what I can come up with, it appears that the access hole is to the right of the speedometer. The fun part is finding a flexible funnel that is small in diameter, and long enough to make the bends to reach the master cylinder. It would be difficult to add fluid, and be able to see what the level inside the cylinder is. Brake fluid isn't real friendly to the floor board paint.

My master cylinder has rubber brake line threaded into the cap. It appears that you reach through that hole and pull the hose up and add brake fluid. It does not work well. I am going to redesign some thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian21 View Post
    How do you add brake fluid to the FC-150. The master cylinder is under the dash board. The only way to get to the master cylinder is take the dash board out.
    What is the Clutch Fluid all about?
    Clutch fluid actually doesn’t exist. Clutch fluid is really just brake fluid that is kept in the clutch master cylinder. When you depress the clutch pedal, this fluid flows from the clutch master cylinder into the slave cylinder. The pressure of the fluid is then used to engage the clutch, which allows you to change gears. After the clutch has been engaged, the clutch pedal will be released, and the fluid will retreat back to the clutch master cylinder.
    To bring you light for your car