Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the Forum

Got a little nervous about the swing pedals flexing the firewall so I made a 1/4" plate to stiffin everything up, now I feel comfortable JIC I need to make a OH S&*T stop...image1 (15).jpgimage2 (4).jpg

Now that is one worthwhile modification!

I'm jealous that one of the phone companies stole the best tag line about brake repair:

"Well, if the brakes don't stop it, something else will". If you can't stop it, don't start it.

Thats why I did it Larrbead, I was nervous about getting her to wooo.
    I cut a square section out and welded a solid piece back in and after I mounted the swing pedals it was kind of flimsy and GM told me that I should make sure it would support a Oh Sh^T stop so I sat on my bucket and had a beer and a winston and thought if the Bride was with me i I didnt want something else to stop me.......
    So I made it where it was solid Just in Case.

Well done! That will keep your foot from pushing out the firewall. Looks good!

Thanks Buddy, my your up awful bright and early.....

True, I 've been to work for almost an hour already. Through the week, I'm up at 02:30, and out the door by 03:30. Soon it will be the weekends too. Uncle Sam has sent out new contracts, so we will be busy for a couple of years to come.

Thats a Good thing..........I guess. As long as y'all are getting paid.
    I still havent got our Heavy Highway Use Tax stamped copy back from Uncle Sam yet, the Bride was on the phone with them for 2 hours on Friday trying to get it resolved, still nothing.

Being an independent contractor, the eagle doesn't fail to s**t on pay day. The last shutdown didn't effect anything to do with the military, minus the coast guard. So it was business as usual.

God love anyone who can sit on the phone and wait on someone to do something. President Reagan said it best, " The most terrifying words in the English language, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help".

Been a long Day, My Daughter went in to labor last night and Papa and Nana been at the hospital (from 3:00 pm yesterday until 3:00 am this morning) to witness our 4th Grand Baby be born at 3:00 this morning then up at 4:30 this morning for work!!!!!
    It was a Boy THANK GOD the 3 girls are killing me................
    Everyone is healthy sept for Papa he's tired, but he will can get over that......
    ALL'S Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 02-13-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Congrats Papa TJones!

I married into three Grandkids, two girls and a boy. The boy is 14, and 6'3", and 210 lbs. He will get to have some seat time in the 2A this summer, if I can teach him that real cars have three pedals. The middle girl is our cheerleader. She is 10, and says "like" at the beginning, middle, and end of every sentence. Her ball games are on Saturdays, and her dad works most, so it's pops to the rescue. The youngest is 4. If people didn't know better, that she isn't blood related. She frowns just like her pops.
    I have a 13 year old girl from my first go around, as well. I'm often surrounded by an estrogen ocean with the three girls, and the long suffering Misses. Let's not even mention anything about when the monster in law breezes in.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-13-2019 at 08:45 PM.