Hello everyone,
I'd like to introduce you to our 1946 C2JA. We purchased her from a friend in Virginia and exported her to Australia. Whilst she was a "daily runner" in the US she was a little tired and in need of some TLC. On arrival in Australia we decided that "Wilma" (as she has been named) was going to go through a ground up restoration. Whilst we didn't aim to keep her factory original she is pretty much stock. We added a bit of personal flair by including the Willys emblem in the fabric of the recovered seats.
Her new home is in country Victoria (southern Australia), a perfect place for Jeeps. There is a lot of 4wd country around these parts so she is right at home here. Given that she is always under cover in her specially designed "Wlllys Only" parking area we figure she will last another 72 years without a problem.
Wilma is taken out for regular trips around the local area and she attracts plenty of attention from the young and "young at heart". Most of the "young at heart" can't believe that she is 72 years old.
The North East Electric Co Ahooga horn gets a regular workout - much to the delight of the children that we pass in the street.
I took my father for a run in Wilma recently. He pre-dates her by 10 years and he loved the ride. Everyone that we take for a ride (and ourselves included) find it hard to wipe the grin of their faces as we trundle down the road.
Here are some "happy snaps" of Wilma and our recent outing. Enjoy.
Crusin (3).jpgCrusin (2).jpgCrusin With Dad.jpgCrusin With Princess.jpgWillys Parking.jpg