Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No spark after 12 volt conversion

Can someone tell me the minimum wires I need to start the engine?

Wondering if the plug wires are correct as I whitched to 12 volt system.

Currently I only have the negative side of the coil connected to the dist, starter, and black with 1 white traces connected. Positive side has dist, green with 2 black tracers.

You need a wire going from the run position of the key switch to the positive of the coil. I'm trying to find the correct color of the wire. Included are some on line diagrams that should help.

http://floraoflangkawi.org/willys-je...iring-diagram/

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    You need a wire going from the run position of the key switch to the positive of the coil. I'm trying to find the correct color of the wire. Included are some on line diagrams that should help.

http://floraoflangkawi.org/willys-je...iring-diagram/
    Thanks for the diagrams, I am pretty sure its wired correctly as I followed the new wiring diagram I got with the hasness, I will verify once again.

Thanks for your time really appreciate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Btroy View Post
    Thanks for the diagrams, I am pretty sure its wired correctly as I followed the new wiring diagram I got with the hasness, I will verify once again.

Thanks for your time really appreciate this.
    Update as I hate to leave threads unanswered.

Success finally..

I was able to get my 53 running after a complete refresh and conversion.

I followed the wiring diagram but not sure if I misread it or it was wrong to start with. Anyway my issue was I had wired the black to the - side of the coil along with the S lead on the starter. So when I would crank the jeep I am guessing the coil would engergize and cause a short in the system.

To resolve this I took the black wire from the start of the ing. switch and ran it directly to the S on the starter. When cranked the engine fired off in 2 seconds.

Now the jeep has been converted to 12 volts, has new dist, coil, along with everything else under the hood.

Wanted to just say thanks to all who assisted in this project.

Happy New Year guys!!

Thank you for the update, and happy new year to you! Glad things are working out now. Keep us advised of your progress.

Close out the job

Now - make yourself a good, clean drawing of how things are wired and put copies in all of the places you will look in a couple of years when you ask yourself "Now, how did I wire that truck?"

Good Luck!

Post us a picture of the truck ...

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Now - make yourself a good, clean drawing of how things are wired and put copies in all of the places you will look in a couple of years when you ask yourself "Now, how did I wire that truck?"

Good Luck!

Post us a picture of the truck ...
    Now thats funny ....I did that already as I put that last diagram up somewhere and now I can't find it. I hear Ya!

20171206_091847.jpg
    20171221_142243.jpg

Thanks again.

Project binders. Keep everything of record within the binder.