Thread: F-head Motor in Truck

F-head Motor in Truck

I recently purchased my '52 truck and am trying to research all I can about the motor that is in the truck. It is an in-line 6 cylinder. It is not the flathead 'Super Hurricane', I don't think. This motor has a single valve cover and the word 'Hurricane' cast into the head. I have done some online research and I believe that the motor is an F-head. 161 cubic inch. I am away from the truck right now so I cannot post a picture but the reading I have done does not suggest that this was a motor that was even offered in those Willy's trucks. Is this correct? I am seriously considering an engine swap and would like to know the specs on this F-head in-line 6 cylinder [weight, length, height etc]. Thanks.

You are correct in thinking that the engine is not original. What should have been the engine would have been the F134 four cylinder. As LarrBeard is quick to say, what you see is what you have. We often refer to these Jeeps as to Jeep soup. They didn't change the overall body configuration for 17 years, so parts would easily cross.

I'm sure you probably looked up the information below;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willys_Hurricane_engine