Thread: Oil Line Replacement

Oil Line Replacement

I am replacing the oil lines on my 62 CJ5 4-134 F head. I'm still using the oil bath and filter canister which has the two oil lines. One to the timing cover and the other running down to the bottom of the block which terminates by the fuel pump. It looks to me that the only way to replace the line near the fuel pump is to remove the fuel pump first. I could get an open end wrench on the line but have no room to turn the wrench. I think a crows foot would be too thick as well. I was just curious if any of you all knew of any tricks to avoid removing the fuel pump. In case you're wondering, I'm swapping the old flared tubing lines for flexible ones.

I have tried to use a crows foot, but with the motor mount and fuel pump, it is too tight for the crows foot. When I did get on to the fitting, it just wanted to round off the fitting, so the fuel pump came off anyway.

My 2A has stainless braid flex hose. It's been on there probably 30 years and haven't had any leaks thus far.

Ok thank you. I ended up just buying the flexible hose. Looked things over yesterday and will be taking the fuel pump off this weekend.