Thread: Looking for a even fire 231 with factory FI

Looking for a even fire 231 with factory FI

1970 Jeepster Commando, 225 V6, Turbo 400, power steering, and power brakes.
    To all,
    I would like to replace my odd fire with a later sequential port fuel injected 231 but I am having trouble trying to determine which Buicks year and model where available in rear wheel drive with the fuel injection. Has anyone researched this and come up with a list of years and models? Any help would be appreciated. Mark.

Welcome!

If memory serves me, the factory throttle body fuel injection 231 came out in the 84 to 86 range. The Regals, Cutlass, and Monte Carlo were all rear wheel drive. That part I'm confident about. Now, was the bell housing pattern the same? I believe GM went to a standard block for all the brands around that time, and I don't think that they will mate to the odd fire. I'll look into it and see what I come up with. Bare with me.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-13-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Ok, after doing some reading, I have some answers or possibilities. You want to look for a '78-87 V6 to get the even fire. In '88, they changed the bell housing bolt pattern to a corporate generic pattern. Now, if you want fuel injection without the head aches, and bland performance of the throttle body injection, then I would look at the new self learning fuel injection systems. Holley makes a carb sized fuel injection unit that mounts directly to the intake. The only real work to install is to weld a bung to the exhaust to run an o2 censor. Something to think about.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.