Thread: Hot mess, a 1967 CJ-5 restoration

Threaded View

Hi Bob. I used the return tube method to bleed and the fluid did settle down when pushing the rod in after a couple times. I continued to give a few more pushes. At this point there was no air in the master and I was not getting the fountain effect. I reconnected the brake line and bled all wheel cylinders in order of longest fluid run to shortest (RR, LR, RF, LF). A few bubbles were pushed out and the fluid was clean from all wheel cylinders.

My master never ran out of fluid during the process and is topped to 5/8" from the bottom of the cap threads. This is still the original master from KW and I expect to see the replacement this week. Labor Day may add a few extra shipping days too.

The Website does not appear to accept video clips, but I was able to get a screenshot from a video. Note that the fountain has shot over the visible area and is at least an inch higher. Very little pressure was applied from my hand to create this stream and it is without a doubt all fluid. Foot pressure would have been much worse.
    IMG_2639.jpg
    Last edited by davide; 09-04-2023 at 10:14 PM.