So, after speaking with a friend, it occurred to me that I should get my new engine mounts welded in prior to priming and painting my frame (I am totally new to all of this). I have a '55 CJ5 that I am planning to drop a Chevy 4.3L V6 into. I have researched engine mounts, and Novak seems to be a quality option. I would welcome any opinions on that! I am curious if anyone on here has done this swap and what other modifications to the frame might need to be done to make that engine fit. Does the battery platform need to be moved or eliminated? How much variation is there in the mounts depending on the year the engine was made, if any? It appears that the mounts are adjustable, but you can't move something once you weld it in! I have the link to the mounts I am looking at below.

Any advice or discussion would be appreciated, and I apologize if these are stupid questions!

Thanks,
-Alex

https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/...ounts/mmx-wc1/[/QUOTE]

Well sorry I cant help much alove with a "new total swap" I may have cheated a little on mine. My project already had a 225 Buick odd-fire V6 in it when I started, so my swap was to a 252 Buick even-fire V6 and everything was identical as far as motor mounts, bell housing and such so I can't be of much help as far as a total new swap. I have seen a lot of guys use the Chevy 4.3 V6 and it does work out pretty sweet and yes Novak is the go to place for conversions, so you are heading in the right direction as far as talking to the right people.
I do know that if you call them they will have someone on staff that knows exactly what you want to do and get you exactly what you need.
Mine had a mechanical clutch on it and I put swing pedals in mine so I called Novak and talked to a guy that set me up with the hydraulic slave cylinder that fit my bell housing which was a bear in itself.
The guy that did my original swap to the 225 V6 fabricated a Chevy V8 "Blow Proof" bell housing to fit the bolt pattern on the V6 so it took a little time to make sure I got what I needed.
Sorry that I wasn't a little more helpful but I am sure if you dig into it I may be a little more helpful in the future.
My whole theory during my project was " If there is a will there is a way" and if not there is a few guy's on here that will cheer you on!!!