I am going to take possession of a 52 cj3a in a week or so from a PO in Idaho. This will be my first flat fender and the oldest jeep I have owned. It is as old as me so I am expecting a lot of minor repairs before I get her on the road. I think I have had about every CJ that Jeep makes, even a M38A1. but this will be the first L-head engine.

I am sure I will make a few mistakes with it. I do not think that I will make it all original but I do want it to look as it should and be able to run down the road. I have been told that without an overdrive she should be able to run 40MPH and with overdrive it should make it to 60MPH. I want it to be reliable. Walk out and start her up any time I feel the need to go wondering. a lofty goal.

One of my friends here said something about installing electric steering, I question that, but arm-strong steering may be a bit much for me to handle at 70 years old. A top for when the rainy season comes here in Washingto will be required some day.

I know you will ask what I am going to use this old girl for. mostly run into town, grab a beer at the VFW, get the mail, and go fishing. maybe a juant up into the Olympic National Forest. Maybe take in a parade or two along the way.

Any suggestions on what I should or should not do to make her road worthy would be appreciated.

Thanks from an old Ret Vet.