Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally got a GPW!!!

https://www.fairrc.com/products/roch...1a9415d7&_ss=r

Above is a link to it. It is rochobby brand. This website above is I believe where mine came from. You can find them on Amazon etc. Some sites have it alot cheaper than others. They also have a larger 1/6 scale version. However it does not have the leafsprings or as much detail as the 1/12 like mine.

That is not bad at all! I was expecting 3 times that price. Wow the detail in that thing is great. That is truly a nice, leisurely big boy toy!

Edit: 30 min later, dag nab it 56'.... I just ordered one!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 01-06-2024 at 08:02 AM.

Very cool! It is a great rig. And tons of fun to play around with! Now we need to see if you can get better pictures with it by PeeJ than the pics I took.

And yes it is surprising how cheap it is. It has a lot of really nice features for the price. And I don't know any willys enthusiasts who couldn't like it.

I just drove my new GPW right through the front room and into the kitchen. Turned on the headlights and ran over the wife's foot. I highly recommend these things!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I just drove my new GPW right through the front room and into the kitchen. Turned on the headlights and ran over the wife's foot. I highly recommend these things!
    Awesome!! These things are fun!

Now you need to convert it to civilian. And paint it green to Match PeeJ. My brother and I built a replica of Dads truck. Converted a rc rig from the same company as the willys. Painted the body black, the grill and bumbers the same silver as the real deal. And even made a custom wood bed and sides to match. Even painted interior as close as absolutely possible. It started out as the green.

Now Bob, try not to run over the wife to much! And have fun running your new toy while the real willys is hibernating.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just as good as the original.

Oh I love that! A duplicate of the Ford. And a darn good one! Man I had better stop now, I can see a fleet of these things growing.