Thread: Ham's '48; Hibernation Time

Ham's '48; Hibernation Time

Winter finally decided to come to NE Indiana - it is about 35 degrees and it is raining, snowing and sleeting all at the same time. In NE Indiana we sometimes call this wintry mix "Snit".

Next week will be very cold and all of the roads have been salted for the last several ice/snow events - so there is no way I will take the truck out for a late January run before we take off to Florida.

So, I decided to put it to bed today. I gave it a good once over - I had thought about starting it and letting it get good and warm, but then I discovered a Deferred Maintenance project - there is a bit of coolant on the top of the thermostat housing and I don't want to spray that around under the hood - so I'll let it sit until Spring breaks.

So, as George Burns used to say; "Good Night Gracie".

What would be a winter put away without some issue surface. Hope the truck rests good for another summer of driving. And a new thermostat gasket...

I put peeJ down as soon as the temperature dropped below 50 deg. Turned the heat on in the garage.

That's why it's nice to live in the land of no salt. I finally brokedown and put the soft top on the Wrangler because scrapping frost off both sides of the windshield. Heep 1 is down while I get around to pull the generator to put new bearings in it. The wagon is back in its holding pattern since I'm stuck at work again this weekend.

You got that right Gm, if we lived without salt I wouldn't have this mess to deal with. And after working with it. I can 100% understand why you guys keep your shiny jeeps in storage for winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ya gotta hate salt. I can tell you that if you leave them out in a field for a few decades, they also melt!