Thread: Ford GPW motor stall when warm

Hybrid View

thank yall for some response. that is the start up process i follow. I know that the stone cold engine can be tricky to get going. I feel like I have found the sweet spot for the choke during the warm up as any adjustment will choke it off. once warm and the motor starts to bog, the motor will not respond to any throttle, it just bogs out. i can see the fuel being squirted into the carb from the accelerator pump, so i know that is functioning properly.

OK I got ya now. First guess, it sounds like it might be getting too much fuel. The cold engine may run with it but the warm engine wont. If you are seeing fuel squirt from the accel pump, it is not running out of fuel. I take it it isn't responding to the fuel shot from the accel pump. Is it acting rich as it bogs out, smoke rich smell? If it is, the float might be sticking open, flooding it out when its warm. It would struggle to start after that till it cooled off and evaporated off some of the fuel.

There's my swing at the first pitch! Keep us posted John, it cant be much on these motors. Shoot some photo's of the project.