Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hodakaguy M38 - Pics and Misc Thread.

That will work!

Ma deuces are probably the coolest round slingers around. We used to have to do remote weapons testing, so we would go over to the armory to sign out a deuce to put on the cradle to bore sight to the commander's screen and setting the cocking mechanism. The small weapons armory was a half mile from the shop, and we would take golf carts to transport. There is nothing like riding around with a Browning resting on the seat of a golf cart. Now we just have an empty receiver and a barrel.

I am definitely liking the tape recorded radio chatter. That makes the whole thing a time machine!

I used to know a guy who had a war jeep with a Browning mounted. They used to be part of the security at the Reno Air Races. It was a good way to get around Stead when the crowd was there.

I know a guy in Tulsa who was making fake propane fired guns to mount in replica airplanes. I never saw one of those mounted but they looked the part on the bench.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

The Browning M2 is one of the world's greatest fight stoppers.

When Ma Deuce shows up, the other guy very often loses that urge he had to fight or decides he has business elsewhere.

That "Thump - thump - thump" is a visceral feeling in your chest - you never forget it regardless of which end you are on .

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am definitely liking the tape recorded radio chatter. That makes the whole thing a time machine!
    See my latest post below for a demo of our new radio chatter setup.

Hodakaguy

More progress....

Cowl battery box interior painted. Bottom holes are still taped over from painting in this pic.

Even though we are installing sealed batteries I went ahead and added a battery mat under each battery. The battery mat adsorbs and neutralizes any acid that it comes in contact with, it also adds a bit of padding between the battery and the tray.

Cutting the mat to fit the battery tray.

Tray re-installed.

Continued Below....

Continued from above...

Front battery box mounting plate freshly painted and ready for the battery box to be re-installed.

Trimming the battery mat for the front battery tray.

Continued Below..

Continued from above...

Adding some NCP2 corrosion inhibitor to the terminals.

Continued Below....

Continued from above...

That's much better!

Continued Below....

Continued from above....

Cleaning the Cuno oil filter. The oil filter on the M38 is a bypass unit, meaning only a slip stream of oil goes through the filter. Two different types of filters were used on the M38's, a Cuno filter (Pictured on our setup) and a cartridge style filter.

Since we just purchased the vehicle we removed the filter assembly from the jeep and disassembled it for a thorough cleaning.

The filter works by pushing oil through the tightly spaced disks. To clean the filter you rotate the handle on top of the filter and it turns the disks and combs the disks to remove any debris that have been caught. The debris falls down into the settling bowl where it can be drained out by removing the plug on the bottom of the bowl or disassembled for a full cleaning.

Continued Below....