The bolt that came with my new canister has a copper crush ring, and some sort of hard rubber or even plastic washer under that. It looks like it would be plenty fortified to prevent any leaking from coming up through. With how tight I originally had it on there, the rate it was flowing out just didn't make sense to me unless it was under extreme pressure. I got all my parts from Kaiser Willys, so I used all the adapters and hoses included.

So, for them to have sent me 2 oil outlet hoses, and neither one is going into the timing cover threads properly, I don't know. I tried screwing in several bolts of various sizes, threads, pitches, etc and all of them had the same issue where they'd only go in a little bit before stripping. Just doesn't make sense to me that nothing wants to go in there.

So let me ask this, how imperatively tight or snug does that oil outlet hose have to be in the timing cover? It sounds like its just there to direct the flow of oil back into the crankcase very low pressure. So until I find a better solution or remove the timing cover altogether, would it be OK to run in the meantime, provided I figure out the oil canister leak? (FYI This Jeep doesn't leave my farm property, it only gets used like an ATV and driven around for work and maintenance/pleasure riding.

Also, the hydraulic hose shop did provide me with an inverted flare fitting, which is the one attached to the hose in my picture. It's just that it doesn't want to thread in. It's like 1mm too thin or has slightly wider spacing or something. I couldn't imagine this being a metric size but maybe something got warped along the years?