Thread: Yellow Grille Badges

Question Yellow Grille Badges

Periodically I will see a Jeep with a grille badge, it's yellow with black numbers. They aren't always the same numbers. What exactly do they signify? I like em but I can't find anything about them or where to find em...Thanks!

downloadfile.jpg

(Photo taken from Artcurial)

The yellow plackard are called bridge plates. They designate the weight class the vehicle is in. A 1 was a motorcycle, a 2 was a 1/4 ton , i.e. a Jeep. The bigger the vehicle, the larger the number. Certain bridges were rated at certain numbers on to what size of vehicle could travel over it.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-16-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Bridge Placards

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    The yellow plackard are called bridge plates. They designate the weight class the vehicle is in. A 1 was a motorcycle, a 2 was a 1/4 ton , i.e. a Jeep. The bigger the vehicle, the larger the number. Certain bridges were rated at certain numbers on to what size of vehicle could travel over it.
    MP's doing convoy duty and Combat Engineers would use those plates to keep total bridge load down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Ohh whoa! That's pretty awesome! Thanks!