Thread: 53 Willys gauges help?

Hybrid View

Thanks for the info and pics. I sure don't want to install round gauges unless absolutly needed.

I see you live in Ft Wayne, I grew up in Anderson.

Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by Btroy View Post
    Thanks for the info and pics. I sure don't want to install round gauges unless absolutly needed.

I see you live in Ft Wayne, I grew up in Anderson.
    As always, I had another idea just after I clicked "Submit Reply". If you decide to give Bobs the gauges, send the speedometer along as well. At the very least it's full of dried grease, and it may be rusty with worn bushings. He can set the odometer wherever you want it so you can start where you left off.

I broke a gauge after he repaired it, and I had a speedometer issue, so I sent stuff back for repair and checkout. Things came back in a week, no charge - even for things that I broke.

Good people ....

'51 Gauges

Quote Originally Posted by opus8844 View Post
    Hello

I Have a complete Set of 1951 gauges i can send pictures later today if you are interested
    Sure. It's interesting to see how things changed with Jeeps, even though we tend to think that everything was very basic and static back then. There were an impressive number of options available if you wanted to really jazz up the 2WD or 4WD vehicle.

Would you believe that back in '48 there were separate options for cigarette and cigar lighters? And, as a note, you put the residue from your smoke in the "Ash Receiver"; that little chrome box in the middle of the dash under the wiper button.

Who would have thunk it .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by opus8844 View Post
    here is a picture of the gaugesAttachment 3602Attachment 3602

Nice send me a PM with what you are asking for them.