Thread: F-head high altitude head?

Hybrid View

56', I promise you I have seen more boy's passed on the track that didn't understand the basics, than I have seen those that did understand get passed. When you start where you are starting, things make a lot more sense when you jump into the advanced stuff. So many today want the answer not the process. You can rest assured the day will come when those who rush in with money and incompetence, watch from behind those who understand how the whole thing works from the very basics, finish in style. When you build your first Hot Rod, it will be a winner. Flossy is showing you how it all started.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    56', I promise you I have seen more boy's passed on the track that didn't understand the basics, than I have seen those that did understand get passed. When you start where you are starting, things make a lot more sense when you jump into the advanced stuff. So many today want the answer not the process. You can rest assured the day will come when those who rush in with money and incompetence, watch from behind those who understand how the whole thing works from the very basics, finish in style. When you build your first Hot Rod, it will be a winner. Flossy is showing you how it all started.

I can agree, the journey is always the most fun. I can think of soo many examples, like I am into model trains and model cars. (Or used to be, lately jeeps have been taking time/money away from other hobbies) but I always think as I'm building a new train layout or model car, how much I want to see it finished. But when it's done the thing I truly enjoyed the most was the process of building it. I could care less about having it done, the real fun is building it.

Wow, 68 octane,. That's just a little different then the 110 my friend runs in his cars!!

That's why I was thinking higher comp. might be a good idea since now the lowest is 87. Although I don't think it will hurt anything in the motor to have higher octane.

I looked over my spare head and didn't find markings that match what gm found. The only thing similar was an 8.07. Backwards of what it should be. But after all it is a willys part! I did learn something new, so if I ever find a head for sale I can see what compression it is. So I appreciate the help!