PDA

View Full Version : New guy and owner of restored 1953 pickup

T-squared
05-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone

Just a new face in the neighborhood. I own a restored 53 pickup. From the outside it looks like it's in showroom shape and the inside looks cool too. It's got a lot of the original parts, but not 100%. The exterior makes it look all original, at least. I needed to upgrade lots of things like the front axel, electrical system, get rid of the cardboard interior (it's much quieter now). But after all the work I put into it, I still gots lots of trouble.

I got it from my grandpa in 2001; he owned it since 1955. I'd certainly have a hard time selling it. It took me 5 full years to restore.

hawgcaller
06-04-2014, 10:18 AM
I think that part of the attraction of these vehicles is their appearance. We all know that if we wanted to take advantage of a project and build a Hot Rod, that we could pick a different vehicle to put our money and time into. We all know that these vehicles are a challenge to work on. We also know that the challenge is to be able to keep them as complete as possible , to themselves. Some of us strive to restore them, and be as authentic as we can, and some of us try to rebuild a wonderful rig, yet be a little more comfortable and safe as possible at the same time. Which ever tack that you pursue, good luck. Just know this, no one knows all there is to know about these vehicles, yet, there are some that know a considerable more than some of us. Knowledge and OPINIONS on here are not kept close. So if you need to know, just ask.
Welcome