PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Marshall NC

swamie1883
10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
OK I want to introduce myself. I am a former owner of two CJ5's a 78 Renegade; and a 70 with a 225 v6 and now a 46 Willys. I am excited to be back in the Jeep fold after 30+ years. I know I will be reaching out to all the knowledge you guys have and want to offer any bits I have learned through the years. I will post pics as I get them....Thank You Kiser Willys for all your help so far and for being a great asset for all Jeepers.
Take Care; Talk soon.
Swamie1883

AmyB
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
We are looking forward to seeing pictures of your new project. What model are you getting into this time, maybe another CJ-5?

26joseph
12-09-2014, 06:18 AM
its a 1953 willys truck here are some more pic's

swamie1883
09-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Its actually a 46 CJ2A that I found in the back yard of a friend of my wife. It was her husbands before he passed away. I ask if she was willing to sell it and she said she would consider it. On our next visit she said she would be willing to let me have it in trade for some yard work. Needless to say I have been busy trimming hedges, weed eating AND doing a frame off restoration of the old 46.
It has been a little over a year since i towed it home. After MANY hours of deconstruction, cleaning, sandblasting, painting, rebuilding, repairing and more of the same.... I am proud to say it runs like top, and is looking almost like a Jeep. I have completed all the frame, rebuilt and re-arched the springs, rebuilt all the drive train, transmission, transfer case, front and rear ends. The motor has 63k original miles and was still in tolerance. on bore and bearings. All I had to do was re-ring it and do a valve job, reseal it and fire it up.