PDA

View Full Version : New Here From Tennessee

corpsman
01-20-2015, 08:25 PM
new guy here from Tennessee. I'm the proud owner of a 1950 CJ-3A originally owned by country music singer Eddie Arnold. I've owned this jeep for close to 10 years, and I'm about to start restoring and beefing it up for some off road use. I'm wanting to keep the body pretty close to stock, but I'm wanting it to be stronger, more powerful, and more capable off road. I joined the forum mostly to get some ideas about what other people are doing.

red-man
02-11-2015, 04:29 PM
That's cool, did you get it from Eddie Arnold himself or were there other owners before you?

corpsman
02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
there were 2 was 1 owner between me and Eddie Arnold, but I have all the documentation. I have gotten well underway with my restoration. the picture was taken before I was finished removing everything, but I have the frame completely stripped and ready to be blasted, primed, and painted.811

bkalex
02-17-2015, 12:19 PM
I would personally restore it to original but that's just how I prefer em. There's lots of options for more power. Just depends on how much modification you want to do. Some people go with the F head 4 cyl or there's many of em out there with V6s or V8s.