PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Ham's '48 Willys - Things slow down

LarrBeard
04-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Well, just when you think things are really getting on track. Murphy steps in.

The week after we found the broken bolt head in the rear end, the lead body tech in the restoration shop quit. Not only did we lose a very good set of hands - but he had a lot of history of the project and the next guy has to start from point zero to get up to speed. This was one of those cases where there was nothing that could have been done - external family issues. We hated to see him go.

Then, sadly, the shop owner's father fell and broke his hip. The owner expected to be back by March 29th, but he's not back yet and I suspect the worst about his father. I'm not going to pester him about something as minor as an old truck, but we're pretty well on hold now.

But - I did go and peer into the windows on the door and the cab isn't sitting on the frame jig out on the main shop floor. Since it's not in the bullpen outside, I have to believe it's back in the paint booth. Maybe we're getting close to final paint!

One step forward - then wait a bit. Spring is coming - things look better anyway.

Thanks for looking.