PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Spain- How to identify my vehicle?

HelenaJeepTruck
10-12-2015, 01:21 PM
Hello!

We've just bought an old Willys truck from 1957 to restore. I think its the only Willys Truck here in Spain. It was matriculated in Spain in 1958 as a fire pump or fire engine truck. Actually all the back part is missing.

Its manufacturing number, shown in the docs we have, is 55068-05, this same number with other number 10002, both come in the name-plate, and the 10002 also comes in the chassis. Is it normal that in the documents of the vehicle only show the number 55068-05?

In the willys jeep serial number list the vehicle with this numeration appears in 1956, showing 0 vehicles units. And again the same numeration in 1957 with 5 (10) units. Shall I understand that the vehicle manufacturing started in 56 and finished in 57?

I am also looking for the vehicles manual (master parts listing) in Spanish version. Do you know if there's any available? Are there any other manuals of the willys truck in Spanish? I can see it in English in the shop on-line but would be great to have it in Spanish!

:confused:

Does anyone know if there are any other Willys Trucks in Spain? Have found nothing at all in the internet!

Thanks for your help with my new-old truck!