PDA

View Full Version : 1950 Willys Jeepster Questions

Aaron
01-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Hello All, I recently inherited a 1950 Willys Jeepster from my Grandfather who was a WW2 Veteran. I'm told it's about 80% restored and very clean. I took it to a Jeep repair shop because I wanted to have some things worked on (brakes, seals, new gas tank, rebuilt starter) ect. Before I took it in there was no problem with the Overdrive. You have to push in the know labeled OD that's near the emergency brake handle in order for it to be engaged and once you get over 35 MPH you let off the gas and it goes into OD. When I got it back from the shop the OD no longer functioned. They took it back and said the solenoid was burned out so I purchased a rebuilt one. I have it back from the shop and it still doesn't feel quite right. I was hoping to find someone in the Tampa FL area that has experience with this particular car. Also, I have trouble starting it sometime after it has been running. It always turns over right away after it has been sitting for some time but once the engine is warm and I try to start it again it doesn't want to turn over?