PDA

View Full Version : 48 4cyl jeepster engine install

tomc5
03-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Am I correct to assume if the pivot on bell crank and on the frame align w/ the clutch release shaft that the eng has to mounted correctly? To accomplish this I have had make brackets to move the front mounts back 1" now with that done the pivots are 5/8" out of alignment vertically. Any suggestions? All mounts seem correct from parts book. Thx, tomc5

LarrBeard
03-12-2016, 09:13 AM
Am I correct to assume if the pivot on bell crank and on the frame align w/ the clutch release shaft that the eng has to mounted correctly? To accomplish this I have had make brackets to move the front mounts back 1" now with that done the pivots are 5/8" out of alignment vertically. Any suggestions? All mounts seem correct from parts book. Thx, tomc5

Tom:

Jeepsters are rare and unique critters. They use a smaller frame than the trucks and have different proportions than the CJ's. Unfortunately, what you are asking is a question not a lot of folks on this forum have ever encountered. Have you looked for any forums or bulletin boards that cater more to Jeepsters than the utility grade vehicles we work with here?

Good luck...