PDA

View Full Version : '41 MB transmission/clutch questions

kkiewatt
06-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Hello all this is my first post on the forum so please have at least a little bit of mercy on me ;)

Currently in the process of finishing restoration on my '41 MB. Started it up to drive it a litte bit and check functionality of everything and so far it has gone fairly smooth. My only question is a possible clutch adjustment that needs to take place.

Driving it clutch doesnt feel like it fully disengages sometimes and curious as to best way to adjust it for proper function or way to measure and or narrow down what is going on. Any input helps!

LarrBeard
06-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Hello all this is my first post on the forum so please have at least a little bit of mercy on me ;)

Currently in the process of finishing restoration on my '41 MB. Started it up to drive it a litte bit and check functionality of everything and so far it has gone fairly smooth. My only question is a possible clutch adjustment that needs to take place.

Driving it clutch doesnt feel like it fully disengages sometimes and curious as to best way to adjust it for proper function or way to measure and or narrow down what is going on. Any input helps!

The CJ-3 site has a lot of good info about the "little" Jeeps:

http://cj3b.info/

They tend to have a lot of specific things there.

LarrBeard
06-04-2016, 07:40 AM
This may help.

Look at the left side of the bell housing. There may be a threaded rod attached to the clutch release lever. Clutch throw can be adjusted by the nut on the back end of the rod. Look at the attached picture - your bell housing may not be exactly like this one on the '48 2WD.