PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining title in north carolina

pelago
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
am in the process of getting a title for M38A1, the inspector wanted me to call him after the frame sandblasted, i said ok, but after getting it sand blasted i did not want it to sit anywhere with all the summer humidity, and have the thing turn orange so it has primer on it, He (mistakenly) says there is a ID stamp on the frame, i said the frame is only a part number for the end item. to back up my argument, i have located in the technical manual the location of the original ID from WILLY's and it is on the body behind passenger seat, and yes there it is and the serial number makes it made in 1952 first year of production. it is still there and i have the tech manual page highlighted in yellow for him to look at. should, key word is should, not have a problem, there are no numbers at all on the frame, but he can see that for himself and i even have it upside down. (not easy by myself). I know i will have to get a surety bond, that is not a problem only cost few dollars to get that from geico. then apparently the DMV will (after fees paid) create a title.. but this is only for NC other states????1546 hope he does not object to it being painted???