PDA

View Full Version : 43 willys, tub

Coffeecreekguy
10-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Hay guys, I'm doing a ground up resto on a 43 willys. Been in the family since end of WWII, inside it's entire life. Problem grandpa didn't like stepping over the sides, cut them out. Down to the floor, so I need to replace side panels. Any ideas on cutting old ones off would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. O

gmwillys
10-18-2017, 09:15 AM
On a 1943, it would be best to order the replacement panel offered by Kaiser Willys. The reason being, it would be difficult to replicate the tool indents for the driver's side. I assume that the cut out was performed at the fuel tank to the cowl support. The whole cowl patch panel would not be needed, as long as the remainder of the original cowl panel is intact. https://www.kaiserwillys.com/category/body/repair-panels/cowl-cab-corner-repair/cowl-side-panel-with-step-for-driver-side-fits-41-45-mb-gpw

The replacement panel can be trimmed easily to fit the missing section.

The following is some examples of what I did on an M38 A1. Both sides needed work done on the cowl/rocker section. An M38A1 does not have the tool reliefs, so it is a different animal than what you have.