PDA

View Full Version : T90 Trans

Durk50
12-23-2017, 05:02 PM
I have a 1963 cj5 and I think second gear is gone, I'm still going to use it this winter for plowing because I still can use 1st and 2nd. But I got a t90 trans from a friend but it needs to be totally rebuild lots of rust. It says 12-2 on the side of case but no year, does anyone no the year? Buy the way I tried a mixture of automatic transmission fluid and acetone half and half, got it off the web it works for rust.

gmwillys
12-28-2017, 05:35 AM
Does the transmission fall out of 2nd gear when letting off the throttle, or does it not seem to have anything there at all?

Durk50
01-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Thanks for reply, it did fall out of second, but now I can't get it in second or third gear it locks up. I have torn down the donor trans that I was given and it doesn't have a 3rd gear synchronizer. were all these trans the same? I don't know what year the trans is.

gmwillys
01-16-2018, 06:13 AM
There was little to no changes in the T90 transmissions. There is no synchronizer for first gear, just one for second to third. If I were a betting man, I would look at the synchronizer shift plates, item four on the diagram bellow.
https://www.kaiserwillys.com/diagram/cj-5-6-diagrams/transmission-diagrams-willys-cj-5-6/t-90-main-shaft-assembly/t-90-main-shaft-assembly