PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

harte
05-16-2018, 03:34 PM
OK, Here goes/first time post. Sounds like a stupid question,but am replacing dual action with single. what do I do with the "crankcase vacum line that goes to the intake that "tees" at old dual fuel pump ? Appreciate it guys !! Thank you

LarrBeard
05-16-2018, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE=harte;5086]OK, Here goes/first time post. Sounds like a stupid question ... "

Trust us, there are no stupid questions. But, so the assembled experts(!) in the group can give you a good answer, what model are we asking about?

gmwillys
05-17-2018, 04:39 AM
LarrBeard is correct, there are no stupid questions. Welcome to our little piece of Heep Heaven.

To answer your question, you can block off the T going to the fuel pump. With that being said, the wipers will not function quite as well without the fuel pump producing a steady vacuum.

51 CJ3
05-17-2018, 08:56 AM
I forget the proper name for it but a can plumbed into the vacuum system can help a little with the loss of vacuum assist from the pump.

LarrBeard
05-17-2018, 01:52 PM
I forget the proper name

Commonly called a vacuum reservoir.

51 CJ3
05-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Commonly called a vacuum reservoir.

Thanks, CRS kicking in bad today. I installed a vacuum reservoir on a ‘69 Bronco to help with the wipers in it when I opted for a single function fuel pump replacement. I still didn’t have wipers going up hill but it was a huge improvement on level ground.