PDA

View Full Version : Ham's '48 - How to Rig aThrottle Return Spring

LarrBeard
04-18-2019, 03:56 PM
OK – now I have a newbie question.

On the F-134 engine, how is the throttle return spring rigged?

When we were putting things back together, nobody remembered the way it was rigged originally, and we didn’t spend a lot of time searching – we just rigged a bracket and spring, as you can see in the pictures.

I’m not real happy with that arrangement because I have this feeling that the sharp edges are going to give me a spring failure one day – and then life gets interesting really quickly.

Does anyone have a photo of how that spring should be rigged?

Tim..
04-21-2019, 03:06 PM
OK – now I have a newbie question.

On the F-134 engine, how is the throttle return spring rigged?

When we were putting things back together, nobody remembered the way it was rigged originally, and we didn’t spend a lot of time searching – we just rigged a bracket and spring, as you can see in the pictures.

I’m not real happy with that arrangement because I have this feeling that the sharp edges are going to give me a spring failure one day – and then life gets interesting really quickly.

Does anyone have a photo of how that spring should be rigged?
LarrBeard, Of all the times you've helped me, I wish I could help you. It looks like you're system is different than mine.
Not to mention I didn't have any spring on my system either. I hooked a spring where I thought it would work but I'm in the same situation you are.
Anyway, I hope your having a Happy Easter.

gmwillys
04-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Go to "putting the spring back in pappy" on the Jeep forum. The spring goes from the pivot at the tappet cover to a square plug at the oil galley at the bottom of the block. The forum post has a good diagram and pictures.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/37689-Putting-a-Spring-Back-into-Pappy-s-Pedal