PDA

View Full Version : Fram Orange, is it Chevy Engine or Allis-Chalmers?

Nemo von Klepper
06-11-2019, 06:54 PM
I’m getting around to buttoning up my engine after blowing a head gasket on my CJ3B. It occurred to me while I had so much stuff off of it, I should repaint what I can. I sort of feel like a kid putting a model kit together. So, the engine color (for the head) was easy: Ford Engine Red. Rocker arm cover, oil filter cover & bracket and air filter: High Temp Gloss Black.

So that leaves the Fram oil filter body. What do you think, Chevy Engine or Allis-Chalmers Orange?

gmwillys
06-11-2019, 07:34 PM
The Allis flambeau orange is closer then the Chevy hugger orange.

LarrBeard
06-11-2019, 07:51 PM
I’m getting around to buttoning up my engine after blowing a head gasket on my CJ3B. It occurred to me while I had so much stuff off of it, I should repaint what I can. I sort of feel like a kid putting a model kit together. So, the engine color (for the head) was easy: Ford Engine Red. Rocker arm cover, oil filter cover & bracket and air filter: High Temp Gloss Black.

So that leaves the Fram oil filter body. What do you think, Chevy Engine or Allis-Chalmers Orange?

You asked ... Allis

"Go ask Alice, .... "

gmwillys
06-12-2019, 04:10 AM
Now I'm going to have Iron Butterfly playing in the back of my mind. Worse things could happen.

bmorgil
06-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Now I'm going to have Iron Butterfly playing in the back of my mind. Worse things could happen.

I think that might be Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane. Iron Butterfly was inagaddadavida. HA, now you will have both songs in your head!

I use Chevy Engine orange. It is real close.

Nemo von Klepper
06-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Thanks all. I ended up going with Allis. It’s sort of like archeology cleaning the thing up, near as I can tell it’s been painted twice since original.

bmorgil
06-28-2019, 04:32 PM
That's a beauty! I do like the Zombie green.

Nemo von Klepper
06-28-2019, 04:55 PM
��
I’m just getting it ready as a “Zombie Apocalypse Response Unit” vehicle.
Various colors is why we called it “Frankenjeep”:
Neon green, school bus yellow, aqua metallic, primer grey, primer red, chassis black, and now Ford red and Allis-Chalmers Orange, ��

LarrBeard
06-29-2019, 09:24 AM
Rumor has it that you considered another color scheme for the CJ .....

"For example, if I suggested we paint the 3B "Tropical Rose" with "Coral Mist" wheels just to get her to go along with it, I'd get stuck with a violet & pink jeep."

Just don't suggest Teal seatcovers.

We're a heartless bunch around here, but we understand - a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do .....

bmorgil
06-30-2019, 07:43 AM
I am crying I am laughing so hard. It almost seems like you could be describing all the colors of the rainbow LarrBeard!

Ya gotta love a "heartless bunch" who can dish it out and eat it too!

gmwillys
06-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Our '46 was a 6 colors to include banana yellow house paint, and teal. Stripping it down by layer, I found the original to be Normandy blue. Since the body wasn't near as rotten as suspended, we cleared the original steel for the time being. If the long suffering Misses had her way, it would be painted Hugger orange.