PDA

View Full Version : Toledo Jeep Fest Returns for 2020!

bmorgil
10-18-2019, 07:05 AM
2019 was huge! It was such a success they are getting ready for next year already. Hope you can make it next year!

https://www.toledoblade.com/automotive/2019/10/15/jeep-fest-to-return-to-toledo-in-2020

bmorgil
10-26-2019, 07:45 AM
Early info on the 2020 Toledo Jeep Fest. This is getting larger and larger. 2020 should be the largest event anywhere. In 2020 they are trying to gather Jeeps from all 50 states! Last year had participation from 32. There were at least 2 KW Forum members there, I am sure more were incognito!

https://toledojeepfest.com/

bmorgil
05-03-2020, 06:15 AM
The COVID has caused the cancellation of the 2020 Toledo Jeep Fest. All tickets and registration fees will apply to The 2021 Toledo Jeep Fest. I hope to see some of you in 2021!

TJones
05-03-2020, 07:09 AM
NO WAY.....
I was Really looking forward to hauling the Ole Girl west!!!

LarrBeard
05-03-2020, 07:28 AM
I had suspected this was going to be the case.

First was CMP cancelling the National Trophy Trophy Matches at Camp Perry.

Then the NRA cancelled their National Matches at Camp Atterbury;

Lynyrd Skynyrd cancelled the Street Survivor Tour;

and and now the Jeep Festival.

It's going to be a long summer.

bmorgil
05-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Well, stay healthy all and, see you next year!

We are all very good on this forum to recognize both sides of the story. I do hope we are not setting up this great nation for a fall. Toledo's economy depends on events like the Jeep Fest. I don't know the fallout from this but, it will be bad. I have to wonder if we aren't trying to hide from the inevitable. I think if you are at risk, you must be cognizant of that fact and act accordingly. Everyone around you could kill you in a bad way. I am at risk. I wear a mask and wash my hands. I am careful to stay away from public places. I am still alive however and I do have "needs".

TJones
05-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Oh mark my word the nation is being set up for a Big Fall and it’s going to hit hard!!!
I know a couple companies in my industry that got over a million dollars from the PPP relief fund that felt guilty about taking it, and I told him “nothing is Free NEVER” you better take it now bc it’s going to come back and bite us in the fanny as soon as the dust settles. Taxes are going to go through the roof to try and recoup all this “Free” money the governments handing out, someone’s got to pay it back and it’s going to be US.
I know people that got their stimulus checks and a extra $600 a week on their unemployment and there spending it like a Drunken Sailor, I told them the only difference between them and a drunken sailor is the Drunken Sailor Earned His.

bmorgil
05-03-2020, 09:00 AM
There is no question, current decisions are frightening a few people.

TJones
05-03-2020, 09:03 AM
I’ll send you a email a buddy sent me yesterday Bob it somes it up pretty good.

bmorgil
05-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Here is the official cancellation. The web site has been crashing from traffic. Thousands of Jeeps from around the world.

https://www.toledojeepfest.com/

okiemark
05-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Here in Oklahoma, everything has been pretty normal except for restaurants, things like hair salons, we couldn't get our dogs groomed. Farming and oilfield is going like nothing happened except the oilfield is shutting some stuff down because of the low prices. You can go to Lowes, Wal Mart, Atwoods, grocery stores, parts places and you could get drive through food. Now even the restaurants are open, just spaced out. Probably 20% of the people you see are wearing masks. The county I live in has had 3 cases. The cases in the whole NW quarter of the state is probably no more than a 100.