PDA

View Full Version : Hand Brake Retainer Clip

Onalaska53PU
12-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Hi Everybody, I'm currently replacing the rear hand brake cables on my 53 Willys Pickup and the end of the cable that goes through the hole in the backing plate needs a clip to hold it in place. I've check with KW and they say the clips have been discontinued. I need two clips (one for each cable) that hold the cable on the inside of the backing plate. There is a slot on the part of the cable that inserts into the backing plate that the clip would slip into and traps the cable in place. I can try to find a generic clip somewhere but I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what I need?
Any advice will be appreciated.

bmorgil
12-17-2019, 09:34 AM
Onalaska, looks like you aren't getting anywhere on this one. Do you have an old fashion Auto Parts store? I would take the cable in and see if they can find a clip. I am going to bet there is one out there. They are similar to the clips used on the drum brake rear 60's and 70's Ford's and GM's.

Onalaska53PU
12-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Thanks Bmorgil - I'm going to a local Carquest with the cable next Monday.

Onalaska53PU
12-18-2019, 05:35 PM
I couldn't wait til Monday, they had them at Carquest. Broke the bank, two clips cost me .79 cents including tax. Made my day.

bmorgil
12-18-2019, 06:42 PM
That is perfect!